------ CUTTING BOARDS ------
Will my cutting board look exactly like the one on the product page?
- Every board is as unique as every tree, so not every board is the same. Wood naturally has defects. There may be knots, wood grain and natural imperfections in your wood. Your phone/computer monitor may also display colors differently than in real life.
- The product(s) you receive might vary slightly from the product picture due to the nature of your product(s) being 100% handmade to order. The boards are machine and custom engraved. We will try to keep the integrity of the original image in tact as much as possible, but there may be slight imperfections when the machine engraves it due to the nature of the wood.
- Many cutting boards (especially with bamboo) have joined wood pieces to create one cutting board. Each wood piece reacts differently to the laser depending on the firmness of the wood. This gives us a rustic design scheme and the uneven color palate allows each board to be fully unique in it's beauty.
Can I use the engraved cutting board as a cutting board?
- It is not recommended to use any area that has been engraved. Also cutting on the engraved area will chip the engraving over time. If desired, the back of the board could be used as long as you stay away from any small engraved logos or markings generally found near the handles.
Can I put my engraved cutting board into the dishwasher?
- NO! It is not recommended to put any wooden cutting boards into the dishwasher, engraved or not.
CARE INSTRUCTIONS for your cutting board:
- Hand wash only! Wipe down with warm water and kitchen soap, do not sub-merge in water. Wipe board with soft and dry cloth, stand the board up to allow surfaces to air dry evenly after cleaning.
- DO NOT put in dishwasher.
- DO NOT sub-merge in water for more than 5 minutes.
- DO NOT put in microwave, oven, or freezer.
- DO NOT use steel wool, harsh detergents, or abrasive cleaners which may scratch the surface of the wood board.
- You cutting board was not oiled after it was engraved. It is highly recommended to periodically oil the board with food safe oil to prevent the board from drying & cracking and help preserve the rich natural colors. Walnut oil is a great option.
------ SUBMITTING A PHOTO / IMAGE ------
How do I submit an image to be engraved?
- Scanning your recipe or handwritten message is preferred!! Black & White with highest resolution possible.
- PDF, JPG, or PNG file formats are accepted.
- If taking a photo, follow the Photo Taking Tips below and then use the designated upload section on the product page to submit your image with your order.
PHOTO TAKING TIPS:
- Choose a camera that takes the best, highest quality photo you can. If someone in the household has a newer smart phone than yours, use theirs instead.
- Place your recipe or handwritten message on a well lit, flat surface.
- Align your camera directly above the paper, parallel with the paper, not at an angle (see images below).
- Turn your flash ON. (Don't rely on "Auto Flash") and try to avoid casting any shadows.
- If the writing is faded or not legible, try making a photocopy of the recipe first then carefully trace over the writing with dark ink.
- Make sure the picture is clear, bright, and not blurry.
- If the photo is not clear and bright, try the free app "Adobe Scan".